We are a church that is in touch with the needs both in our community and globally. This is very evident in our response to the Syrian refugee crisis. Our commitment to the immediate needs in the community include:
- Monthly community suppers. This gathering of 75-90 people from our community provides an opportunity for us to connect with them. Many are regular attendees. Volunteers donate food, help in the kitchen, and serve.
- The Christmas hamper program which serves over 100 families each year. · The monthly food bank collection, where we work closely with the Salvation Army, often necessitates two deliveries per month.
- Support of Home Horizon by maintaining and cleaning a transitional housing unit.
- Support of the school lunch program. Our Sunday School children donations go towards this.
- P.A. Days where we reach out to all children in our community providing a fun day and an opportunity to learn about God’s love for them.
- VBC week in July when between 150-160 children enjoy a fun program to learn about God in many different ways.
- Our music presentations which are attended by many around and outside our community.
- Taking care of the world God gave us by monitoring how we take care of our environment. Please check out our Green Team.
We hope to soon welcome a refugee family – please visit our News section for further updates.
Community Dinner and Student Mentoring
Tuesday, August 22, 2017 & other dates